- The final evaluation of the MedIEQ system (AQUA) was completed. The main objective of this evaluation was the comparison of the required time and effort needed when working with and without the use of AQUA. The evaluation proved that the labelling process of health related web resources is highly complex and difficult. In summary, the results of the evaluation showed that the final version of AQUA is a functional prototype that has the potential to be fully integrated within the day-to-day activities of a labelling organization.
- MedIEQ was presented at the World of Health IT 08 Conference & Exhibition, in Copenhagen, Denmark. MedIEQ's approach was presented and discussed during the session "Trust Model for Health Websites" on Wednesday, 5 November 2008.
- MedIEQ coordinates a Special Issue of the Health Informatics Journal on Semantic Descriptions of Medical Web Resources: Technologies to support their Creation, Maintenance and Access (tentative publication date: Autumn, 2009).
>> See the call for papers (submission closed)
- Iatrolexi project offered a Greek version of MeSH thesaurus to MedIEQ for research purposes (June 2008).
- The 1st International Workshop on Describing Medical Web Resources (DRMed 2008) was held in conjunction with the 21st International Congress of the European Federation for Medical Informatics (MIE 2008), May 27, 2008, Göteborg, Sweden. The DRMed workshop at MIE 2008 was supported by the EC-funded project MedIEQ ...
>> Download the workshop report
>> Read more